Wednesday 5 August 2009

Off to France

I'm off to France tomorrow!

This is very exciting, and carries none of the apprehension that I felt on preparing to leave for India. I'm rather a francophile... oh, the joys of gay Francais! Warm weather, lovely frites (yes! The chips are one of the best things), elegant architecture, lovely language... Bring on my proper summer holiday!

I will miss this blog, however, although it will be great to have a break from repetitive strain injury. :)

I'm going to try and be academic while I'm away (or that's the plan, anyway!), and take a few books for English Lit and Politics with me in my suitcase. This will mean my personal statement will no longer be lying: my draft currently says I've read things that I haven't.

But when I'm not being "academic" (which I will believe when I see) I intend to do absolutely nowt. Nil. Zero. And I shall have a fantabulosa time in my tent with my iPod. Yum.

Talking of iPods... I'm getting a bigger one! 8GB is no longer enough for me, and now I'm being forced to take stuff off my iPod to make more room, I've decided enough is enough. I've given my Uncle's partner the task of finding me a 'Pod on eBay, and hopefully it shall be waiting for me on my glorious return!

Au revoir,

J
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Yay for holidays in France! I hope you had a great time, J!

    Yep, I had loads of 'intellectual books' packed. I finally started on the reading for my history coursework. Yay. D;

    Doing nothing is definitely a good plan. It should be obligatory for all holidays! And lots of music is also good. I bought myself a couple more CDs to last me the holiday (I normally can't go a week or so without new music) which was great. I had a Lunachicks & Kat Bjelland rave! :D

    It's so nice to be able to read your blog again! I missed it when I was away! xxx

    ReplyDelete