Sunday 5 July 2009

Password-forgetting and India-doom!

Greetings internet,

Yours truly, as wonderful as she is, forgot all her log-in details for Blogger.

After about an hour of trying to work out how to recover my password and log-in under this new Google system, I'm finally back in business. I'm blogging today because I'm bored, and I've spent most of this lovely, bright Sunday morning skulking around the house in my pyjamas. My repetitive strain injury from typing is now beyond a joke, so really I ought not to be on the computer at all. Still, in a week's time I will be away from the computer for TWO WHOLE WEEKS, because...

I'm going to India.

I am absolutely terrified. Preparing to be in a play, or waiting to sit a particularly nasty exam, does not compare. This is The Unknown.

Although I'm not quite at Victorian-heroine levels of fainting, I'm not brilliant with heat. To be fair to myself, there has been a heatwave in England this week and I've been coping well, with the aid of floaty dresses that I would not normally be seen dead in. India, however, will probably be between five and ten degrees hotter than the peak temperature this week, so I still don't feel completely confident.

Mosquitoes. "Delhi-Belly." Long-haul flight. Rabies. Humidity. Exhaustion.

OK. Don't get me wrong, I am actually looking forward to this trip. I wouldn't have signed up if I didn't genuinely want to go. There are things I'm excited about, such as teaching the young kids in Dunlod and seeing the world-famous Taj Mahal. It'll be nice to spend two weeks with friends, too, and experience a completely different culture from my own. If the Beatles could survive three months there, I think I can survive two weeks.

Lots of love,
J (GCSE AS swimming cert. future BA)

1 comment:

  1. You're going to have a great time in India, my psychic senses are telling me, and they are never wrong!
    Remember to bring the Taj Mahal back for me and Feeb! :D

    ReplyDelete