Wednesday 1 September 2010

Growing Up...

I am getting a life.

Later today I am going to establish a student bank account, the first current account I have ever had. This is because I am lazy and have always relied on cash in my purse, as I never bothered to try and understand banking. I have read the information I need and I actually feel quite satisfied by the concept of finally getting my act together... It's time I got responsible.

I am also beginning to compile a mental list of stuff I need for university and beginning to enrol for my course. There is so much to do, so many forms to fill out...

I have never been so desperate to do something as this. I can't wait. Obviously, I am terrified about the thought of trying to make friends, but I am really looking forward to it.

Little J is disappearing. It's strange when you can actually feel yourself growing up. During my childhood I didn't notice the process of changing from a little girl into something resembling a young woman. But now I'm preparing to leave home and start afresh, I suddenly am hugely aware of all the changes going on in and around me. It's quite frightening, in a way.

J
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I also got my first bank account the other day - although I'm not eligible for a student account, grrr...
    Growing up is a strange feeling. One that I am still categorically repressing. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete