Thursday 11 February 2010

Poem

Poetry is not my strong point, but very occasionally I will give it a shot.

Here is my latest attempt!

Present

I tried to contain it.
It was not to be contained.
It swept out into the wilderness and found you.

It followed you.
It followed you as you travelled,
And navigated without knowledge of the route.

It was with you,
It was with you as you slept,
Though unaware of what you dreamed.

It surrounded you,
But could not feel your presence,
Forever disconnected, out of reach.

You could not have known it was there...
A transmigrating soul, perhaps, or a ghost
In a separate dimension, yet knowingly with you.

I tried to stop it.
It could not be stopped.
It was free yet it was shackled: it could not touch you.

I cannot call it home.

J
xxx


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you posted this, J! As you already know, I think it's great.

    Hooray for poetry! :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete