Thursday 15 July 2010

Birdcages, Brain Cells and Summer

1) Argentina have legalised gay marriage! This is very good news for gay people in Argentina and across the world. However, it draws attention to the lack of gay marriage around the world and the massive inequalities that remain between gay and straight people. Please will everyone else hurry up and legalise what is, I believe, a human right?

2) For a while now, I've wanted a vintage birdcage to add to the general eccentricity of my bedroom. Finally, my wish has been granted! I'm so pleased with it. It's really big and just the right colour. I have no idea what I'm going to put in it, if anything. I shall hang it from my ceiling tomorrow! In the pic Lancelot is captive, but don't worry: it was a modelling job and he has now been released.


3) My childhood interest in the Titanic has had a bit of a resurgence. I know it's not massively historically relevant, but it's so interesting. There are so many myths and curses surrounding it, and there are lots of lessons that can be learned from it. I'm going to watch the film again with my family tonight. It's cliched and it's soppy but it's still the best film we have of the disaster, and Rose was my first ever crush back in 1999... so time to crack out the dark chocolate and the gin!

4) Mission for the next few days: grow some brain cells. I've spent the last two weeks drinking too much, and I feel like my head is mushed. It would help if I could stop drinking... I've already had two gins tonight and it's only a night in. But yes, I intend to get out the books and try and toughen up my brain again. I already smell failure (and booze). Wish me luck.

5) I can't believe I've finished school. The years at King's have been amazing and I am blessed with the most incredible friends and memories. Like Terra mentioned on her blog, I feel there is a huge gap in my life that I need to fill. I really want to have lots of fun this summer, but I'm really worried something is going to go wrong... Also, my straight friends seem to be having increasing success in pulling and I feel like I'm getting desperate. Still, I'm optimistic and I'm looking forward to going away to exotic old Shropshire with Ellie, Rome with Rach and of course Greenbelt with the pair of them.

6) I'll stop rambling now.

Love J
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment